Nowadays childhood obesity became the major problem in our society.
Overweight and obesity start during the primary school years. This became a major concern for parents because overweight children continue to be overweight as adults and obesity further later on causes many diseases like high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and elevated blood cholesterol levels.
Obese children also face psychological effects like they are more prone to low self esteem, negative body image and depression.
Children can achieve healthy weight and growth with the help of their parents and family. Make a change in a daily lifestyle can overcome the childhood obesity.
· Get a good nutrition advice to make a change in their eating pattern.
· Limit the high fatty and sugar foods and start consuming low fat foods.
· Consume a healthy breakfast and have a low fat of dairy version of milk or yogurt with whole grain cereal.
· Children love to have snacks and parents should not avoid that so they can have a healthy snack. Fruits are the excellent snacks.
· Avoid soft drinks and replace it with low fat milk or fruit smoothies.
· Some children finish their plate at dinner time so try to give them a small serving size.
· Avoid all takeaway foods as they contain more salts and fat.
So parents get going and take care of our future generation.