Monday, November 9, 2015

IS YOUR MOBILE PHONE MAKING YOU FAT, INSECURE AND DEPRESSED?

IS YOUR MOBILE PHONE MAKING YOU FAT, INSECURE AND DEPRESSED?

A panicking you at a dinner party….where is my phone? I have it, says your kid
why do you want it mom? Oh because I have to save someone’s number, click a few selfies with my friends also want to make sure they don’t post my pic when I am looking fat……and check how many likes I got for my status/pictures, who is hanging with whom….they are ingredients for making you psychotic.

Sound familiar? Do you keep looking at your phone every few minutes?

Most of us look at our own so called thin pictures and feel good, we know where that love handle is hidden, wow we say lets have burgers tonight. Nothing wrong with feeling great but don’t fool yourself that’s all.

Plus all that screen time for whatsapp messages …..so many groups and people even add you into a group without your permission, you feel obligated to check those messages increasing screen time further and further,
Your phone buzzes in the night 50 times or over even on silent mode…..there goes your sound sleep
Lack of sound sleep leads to weight gain.

You could use all that screen time to workout at least 20 minutes in a day. When I ask my patients how come you don’t workout the answer I always get is we don’t have time at all.
Will exercising 20 minutes make a difference to your weight? Yes positive thinking, insulin sensitivity, appetite suppression are know benefits of even small amount of exercise.


I am not a psychiatrist but have studied psychiatry in Medical school and its easy to pin point sad, anxious and depressed patients but in our times there were no cell phones and I am not a good judge to say that phone usage will make you insecure and depressed but numerous studies are being done, and have shown the causal relationship.


My advice: use phone since its become a necessity but to make better use of it down load health apps, meditation apps and educative apps.

I have developed an app called LiveNutriFit for android that can be your starting point for a health app…..just saying J

1.     Website Link


2.     Google Play Link


3.     Facebook Link for Livenutrifit Health Network

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1666082600277468/


No comments:

Post a Comment